Tips for Anti-Bullying Enrichment at Home
During childhood and adolescence your kids are learning to navigate their way through society, often times without your supervision. Children will often act differently in front of their parents than they do at school, which is why it is important to teach our kids that bullying is bad.
At Inkelaar Law, most of our bullying attorneys have children of their own, which allows us to relate to other parents. We understand how it may seem out of our control when we learn our child is a bully or the victim of a bully; however, we can everything in our power to instruct our children that bullying is bad, and teach them how to prevent it in the comfort of our home.
To learn more, call us at 1-877-537-4665 or complete the free case evaluation form on to the right.
Can I Do Anything To Prevent Bullying At Home?
Yes. There are several things we can do as parents to prevent bullying in the comfort of our home. The following methods have been linked to increasing bully awareness and preventing your children from being bullies, or being picked on:
- Instruct self-control through discipline
- Never tolerate mistreatment from other children and apply negative consequences
- Always reward your child for good behavior
- Instruct your children to treat others as you would like to be treated
- Teach your children that both mistreatment and kindness are powerful and create memories
- Have family meetings to teach values, empathy and sensitivity
- Instruct your child on controlling their anger
- Discuss common models of acceptance
- Teach your child to say “forgive me” and “I’m sorry”, then be kind to that person
Need Help? Contact Our Nebraska Bully Attorneys Today
The attorneys at Inkelaar Law have enormous sympathy for the victims of bullies, and feel that all bullies should be held accountable for their actions. Our legal team also believes it is time to take a stand and end bullying throughout the state of Nebraska and across our nation.
With locations in both Omaha and Lincoln, our lawyers are licensed to serve across Nebraska, including:
- Nebraska City
- Grand Island
- North Platte
- And all other Nebraska locations
If you or a loved one is a victim of bullying, our lawyers can help. Call us at 1-877-537-4665 or complete the free case evaluation for your free no-obligation consultation.